This is the final part of the pre-Learning Technologies 2013 build up, which if I’m honest I’m writing as much for myself as for everyone else! I want to check I’ve got everything covered and all the relevant information out there that will help people get the most from the event, both for those attending in person and those following the back channel. I’m a big lover of check lists, so here goes:
- Links to the conference programme – check
- Details of the#LT13UK hashtag and the team who’ll be tweeting throughout the event – check
- Details of who’s covering which session – check
- Link to the official event app – check
- Link to the Learning and Skills Group (if you’re not a member yet, get signed up!) – check
- Opening times – 10am – 5pm, Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 January – check
- Directions – check
One note on travel to Olympia 2 from the organisers:
The London Overground has been recently upgraded to provide up to five trains an hour connecting Olympia with Clapham Junction, West Brompton (District Line), Shepherd’s Bush (Central Line) and Willesden Junction.
Baron’s Court Tube station (Piccadilly and District Line), West Kensington (District Line) and Hammersmith Tube station (Piccadilly, District, Hammersmith & City and Circle Line) are also just a short walk away. (NB: After some debate on Twitter, it was concluded that Hammersmith is about a mile or ten minutes walk away).
Please note the District Line extension from Earl’s Court to Olympia no longer runs on week days.
For full travel information to Olympia please visit www.eco.co.uk/travel.
A few new resources have sprung up over the weekend. The first is from the ‘King of the back channel’ David Kelly a.k.a LnD Dave who has already started curating links and posts relevant to the event. Add this link to your bookmarks now to keep track of everything over the next week (and extra kudos to David who’s also attending an ASTD event this week so will be doing some serious multi-tasking!) http://davidkelly.me/2013/01/learning-technologies-2013-conference-backchannel-curated-resources-lt13uk/
Ollie Gardener, who’s part of the Twitter team at the conference, has also started a useful Twitter list of everyone who’s tweeting using the #LT13UK hashtag here: https://twitter.com/olliegardener/lt13uk
Plus a couple of other useful resources:
- Mark Berthelemy: Some good tips in his post ‘Getting ready for Learning Technologies 2013’: http://www.wyversolutions.co.uk/cms/2013/01/25/getting-ready-for-learning-technologies-2013/
- Insights paper: If you’re heading to the show looking for a bespoke elearning provider, it’s worth checking out this free insights paper from analyst Elearnity: http://www.elearnity.com/ekcbespokepartner.html
- Craig Taylor also has some exciting news and will be armed with brand new business cards at the event: http://tayloringit.com/2013/01/my-plans-for-tayloring-it-open-for-business/
Hopefully these posts have helped get you all prepared, whether you’re attending the event in person or not. Remember there’ll be a lot happening on the LSG site with videos and photos and some immediate comment and reflection from attendees and speakers alike. Do stay tuned to check it all out as it happens.
So whilst I head off to make sure I’ve got enough extension leads for the mylearningworx stand, let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed. If not, I look forward to communicating with you this week in some way, shape or form, be that face to face, over Twitter, via the blog or through some other medium!